Saturday, March 8, 2014

Star Wars on QuizUp

I first learned about the mobile phone trivia game, QuizUp, on the fantastic Star Wars news site, Jedi News. They were spreading the word that the Star Wars OT topic was just posted on the app. OT is short for Original Trilogy, which is my personal favorite time period for the Star Wars saga. Since downloading the app I have been hooked on it! Not only do they have Star Wars OT, but also a Star Wars topic that spans all six films.

You can challenge your friends and family and see how you rank with people nearby, in your state, in your country, and in the world. It is a blast taking on a trivia challenge with someone in Singapore, then the UK, then Texas.

But the app has much more than Star Wars trivia - a lot more. There is a topic for just about any subject you can think of - 18th Century History, Name That Food, Harry Potter Spells, Logos, Disney, Jane Austen, Downton Abbey, Grammar, and even Star Trek (just to name a few).

Now just today, the Star Wars Expanded Universe just went live. I am excited for many reasons, but I must admit one of those reasons is that I wrote about 250 of the questions! I hope I did a good enough job and that everyone enjoys them.

If you haven't tried the app yet, you should! The Android version came out just a day or two ago, so it should be widely available now.

No comments: