Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Don't Remember That on Hoth!

One of my son's favorite scenes of any Star Wars film is the speeder bike chase from Return of the Jedi. It starts when the camera pans down onto the deflector shield array on the forest moon of Endor and ends when Luke severs the front part of an enemy speeder bike and sends the trooper crashing into a tree. He asks to see that part over and over again.

Well last week, while I was at work, my wife and son made a trip to Target and happened to go down the Star Wars aisle. He saw something there that sent him into an excited frenzy, to the point where she had to call me at work and ask if we already had the Hoth Speeder Patrol Battle Pack.

Now I knew that Battle Packs were a collection a figures and/or vehicles, but for the life of me I could think of what a Hoth Speeder was. I of course knew of Snowspeeders, AT-ATs, and AT-STs. But I did not remember any speeders, or what they looked like. I told her to go ahead and get it since I felt confident we didn't have it.
It wasn't until I got home that night that I discovered they were two speeder bikes and two scout troopers from Return of the Jedi, but repainted in white and light gray. This is obviously not G-Cannon, but I don't think my toddler cares about that a bit! It is his new favorite toy now...

No comments: