Friday, August 1, 2008

Star Wars Pop-Up Book



This ain't your daddy's pop-up book. I mean that literally! When I was a kid, I had the original Star Wars pop-up book where very few pages actually popped up. Most of them had a white tab you pulled that would make something move, such as Luke and Leia swing across the Death Star chasm or having Obi-Wan transform into empty robes at the feet of Vader.

The new version of the Star Wars pop-up book, which came out the Fall 2007, is phenomenally better. The book chronicles the entire original trilogy with intricately designed paperwork. My favorite is a small flap that reveals Wedge Antillies. As you open the flap, it looks like Wedge is in the process of removing his helmet. It is an amazing effect.
The best part is this is a great book to "read" with a toddler. I keep this on a high shelf and pull it down for father son time together. We sit in our reading chair and go through page by page. It also gives me a chance to teach him to be gentle with books. It is pretty sturdy, but I don't think they designed her with toddlers in mind (to paraphrase Han).
This book is definitely worth the price!

No comments: