Saturday, August 9, 2008

Star Wars Cache

Like Obi-Wan's chest or Han's smuggling compartments in the Millennium Falcon, it is important to have a hidden place to keep good stuff. I've learned the same is true with Star Wars toys for my son. Even though we spent plenty of money at the Midnight Madness sale (and a few other places since then), he hasn't seen much of it yet.

I have them tucked away in a hidden spot so that we have instant rewards on hand for good behavior. Yes, I am not above bribery for good moral behavior. Han would be proud! It can in handy just the other day. My little guy was diagnosed with the croup and had to get a shot of steroids to help his breathing. He didn't even cry, although it did make his leg hurt. He got an AT-TE out of it (the two-inch Titanium series version, not the $100 toy version!) even though he didn't ask for anything.

Having my Star Wars cache is also a good excuse for Daddy to go hunting again to keep the "larder" well stocked!

No comments: